Shortly after 2 p.m. on Wednesday, January 24, a fire broke out in a Mexican restaurant called Pedro's on the corner of Washington Blvd. and 21st Street. The fire destroyed the inside of the restaurant. The fire did not affect any surrounding buildings, however the two apartments in the upper level of the building were damaged by smoke.
No one was seriously injured in the blaze. Mercedes and Maria del Mar, ages four and two, and their father, Miguel Sanchez, were in the upper apartment where they live at the time of the fire. They were rescued through a window by fireman Greg Chamberlain. "It wasn't really that big of a fire,” Chamberlain stated.
The Sanchez's were taken to Ogden Regional hospital with only minor injuries due to smoke inhalation. Medical Team Leader, Captain Rick Thompson gave the girls and their father oxygen after they were rescued and said that they seemed to be fine. Restaurant owner and cook, Pedro Sanchez, also sustained some burns to his hands, but was not seriously hurt.
Michael Freeman, age 16, was just finishing his lunch at Pedro's restaurant at the time of the fire. "I just saw smoke and heard him [Pedro] yelling and got out." The fire apparently started by some grease on the stove in the kitchen. "I tried to get the extinguisher, but I couldn't," said Pedro Sanchez. Sanchez did not want to comment on the approximate value of his restaurant, but stated that he has owned it for two years and he plans on rebuilding what what damaged in the fire and staying in Ogden.
4 comments:
Very well done. The beginning paragraph was consice and to the point.
Your story was really good. I liked how cosistant you were. You didn't jump around a whole lot. Your writing was really good as well. Great Job!
I found your story easy to read and informative. Good job. However, the ending could have been more clear cut.
Great job. I was surprised how much info you put in in such a short amount of time
Post a Comment