Dear Cousin,
I am writing this letter in order to explain to you what my major (public relations) is. Someone who practices public relations is like a messenger between a company or an organization and the media. Public relations is also known to many as PR. It is the job of public relations to make the company or organization look good to the public (or the intended audience.)
There are many types of public relations jobs, but they all revolve around communications. Most public relations jobs involve promoting certain products, people, services, and ideas. It can also be between an employer and their employees. PR can also involve getting the word out or advertising ideas by using media outlets and press releases.
The main point of public relations is to communicate an idea between two parties. Although many public relations specialists have different definitions, our textbook (Public Relations Writing, Newsom & Haynes)has a good definition, "Public relations practice is the art and science of analyzing trends, predicting their consequences, counseling organization leaders and implementing planned programs of action which will serve both the organization's and the public interest." Well Cousin, I hope that this explains Public Relations for you and now you will have a better idea of what I plan to do with my life.
Sincerely,
Cassandra Waite
1 comment:
I like the thought of a people in public relations as messengers between their employers and the public. It gives anyone interested a good idea of what the goals of those in this field include.
Post a Comment